Protein Skimmer

Rispondi
Mihai
Chrysiptera
Chrysiptera

Protein Skimmer

Messaggio da Mihai » 28/10/2019, 14:24

Ciao Danilo

Unfortunately I barely understand spoken Italian , will have to write in English .

I am writing here to ask for advice on choosing a very silent and quality protein skimmer. I am looking for a reliable and very silent skimmer that can fit my relatively small sump chambers(27x24 cm) and can be used with ozone. I have a 250 l reef aquarium with very silent equipment - 42 db 50 cm from the stand and I want a skimmer that adds very few db over that number. The best thing is to experience different skimmers with your own eyes and ears but in my area there are no reefers with good quality , silent skimmers. Power consumption is also important as I am trying to limit consumption of energy as much as possible.

When it comes to premium quality skimmers I searched the web/reefing forums and found a few models :

Mini Bubble King 160 with Red Dragon 6 DC 12V - very expensive but considered standard of high quality , disappointed warranty is only 24 months , considering the cost.

ATB Elegance 150 with Airstar 1000 S ( the pump seems PRC - made in China) but have read allot of good feedback about ATB skimmers. Not sure noise wise.

UltraReef Akula uks-160 or 180 skimmer ( this is my least favorite option because of just 1 year warranty and AC pump that used allot of Watts)

When it comes to reliable skimmers in a small form factor (27x24 cm) that are very silent and build to handle a bit of ozone what would you recommend considering you have seen and tested allot of models ?

Thanks ,
Mihai

Danireef
Amministratore
Amministratore
Contatta:

Re: Protein Skimmer

Messaggio da Danireef » 28/10/2019, 17:49

Mihai ha scritto:
28/10/2019, 14:24
Ciao Danilo
My pleasure.
Unfortunately I barely understand spoken Italian , will have to write in English .
There is no problem.
I am writing here to ask for advice on choosing a very silent and quality protein skimmer. I am looking for a reliable and very silent skimmer that can fit my relatively small sump chambers(27x24 cm) and can be used with ozone. I have a 250 l reef aquarium with very silent equipment - 42 db 50 cm from the stand and I want a skimmer that adds very few db over that number. The best thing is to experience different skimmers with your own eyes and ears but in my area there are no reefers with good quality , silent skimmers. Power consumption is also important as I am trying to limit consumption of energy as much as possible.

When it comes to premium quality skimmers I searched the web/reefing forums and found a few models :

Mini Bubble King 160 with Red Dragon 6 DC 12V - very expensive but considered standard of high quality , disappointed warranty is only 24 months , considering the cost.

ATB Elegance 150 with Airstar 1000 S ( the pump seems PRC - made in China) but have read allot of good feedback about ATB skimmers. Not sure noise wise.

UltraReef Akula uks-160 or 180 skimmer ( this is my least favorite option because of just 1 year warranty and AC pump that used allot of Watts)

When it comes to reliable skimmers in a small form factor (27x24 cm) that are very silent and build to handle a bit of ozone what would you recommend considering you have seen and tested allot of models ?

Thanks ,
Mihai
Where are you from?

In my opinion the BK are the best, but they have an high cost. ATB is great, we will have the review of the big 250 in the next weeks. UltraReef are great indeed, and they have not so noise. Another great choice could be the Red Sea I liked it so much.
On DaniReef we have measured the dB of every skimmer we had reviewed, as you can see starting from here: http://www.danireef.com/english/reviews/ or, for those reviews we haven't translated yet you can see the values here: http://www.danireef.com/menu-italiano/r ... Schiumatoi

Mihai
Chrysiptera
Chrysiptera

Messaggio da Mihai » 29/10/2019, 10:32

Thanks for the insight Danilo , will carefully look at the Red Sea skimmer. I knew Red Sea managed to release a good skimmer line but did not expect anything outstanding considering their other products. They are indeed very quiet based on your sound measurements .

I am from Romania.

Danireef
Amministratore
Amministratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Danireef » 30/10/2019, 17:46

I hope you'll continue to follow us!

In any case for every questions we are here

Danireef
Amministratore
Amministratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Danireef » 30/10/2019, 17:48

Now the english translation of the red sea skimmer http://www.danireef.com/2019/10/30/red- ... e-skimmer/

Rispondi

Torna a “Danilo Ronchi "DaniReef" Risponde”