Chiller and cooling adventures

Danireef
Amministratore
Amministratore
Contatta:

Re: Chiller and cooling adventures

Messaggio da Danireef » 01/05/2020, 10:47

It's a mess!

Anyway the new one has the R290 gas, I think if it's not reported is the old one.

Mihai
Chrysiptera
Chrysiptera

Messaggio da Mihai » 05/05/2020, 16:54

@Danireef Found the chiller and the pump . I will go for Teco TK 500 and Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon X 80W (China made) . The pump is exceptionally small size 15x9 cm for the power (I have very limited space in the return chamber) and has a lot of power reserves. As a minus it is China made but it has the RE warranty and the design is solid (see Reef Octopus) plus good price and it is very silent.

I am still looking for your input because I have no experience with plumbing. The return pump is 32 mm on the output but my tank PVC piping for return water is 25 mm. I am not sure how to set up the piping.

Let's recapitulate :
return pump 32mm -> silicone hose for 30 cm minimum to reduce vibrations -> X plumbing item that reduces 32 to 16(hose to hose type) -> 16 mm hose to chiller -> chiller -> 16 mm hose to return PVC -> Y plumbing item that takes 16mm hose and converts to 25 mm PVC pipe(hose to PVC). Do you know what type of items I can use for X and Y ?

Danireef
Amministratore
Amministratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Danireef » 05/05/2020, 19:22

I would use the biggest diameter before and after the chiller.

Mihai
Chrysiptera
Chrysiptera

Messaggio da Mihai » 06/05/2020, 8:33

Danireef ha scritto:
05/05/2020, 19:22
I would use the biggest diameter before and after the chiller.
Danireef to be sure I understand what you are recommending.

return pump 32mm -> 32 mm silicone hose to reduce vibrations until right near chiller -> X plumbing item that reduces 32 to 16(hose to hose type) right before chiller -> 16 mm hose (few cm) to chiller fitting -> chiller -> 16 mm hose fitting (a few cm) -> Y plumbing item that takes 16mm hose and converts to 33 mm hose(hose to hose) right until PVC 25 mm piping for return water -> Z item that converts 33 hose to 25 mm PVC pipe.

Is this what you mean ?

I am imagining you don't know exactly what items X , Y ,Z I should use as you did not reply on this question. For me (new to plumbing) is looks very confusing with reducers , barbs etc.

Grazie per la tua pazienza

Danireef
Amministratore
Amministratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Danireef » 06/05/2020, 15:15

I use a silicon tube. From Pump to Chiller. Then from Chiller to tank, but with a small "T deviation" for calcium reactor. If you want I can try to take some shoot.

It seems you have the same piping. Why Y plumbing after the chiller? Or is it just a name?

Mihai
Chrysiptera
Chrysiptera

Messaggio da Mihai » 06/05/2020, 15:45

Danireef ha scritto:
06/05/2020, 15:15
I use a silicon tube. From Pump to Chiller. Then from Chiller to tank, but with a small "T deviation" for calcium reactor. If you want I can try to take some shoot.
Ahh Understood. No need to show me as it is a T and I need a 32 to 16 hose reductor.

Ahh capito. Non c'è bisogno di mostrarmi perché è una T e ho bisogno di un riduttore da 32 a 16 tubi.
Danireef ha scritto:
06/05/2020, 15:15
It seems you have the same piping. Why Y plumbing after the chiller? Or is it just a name?
X , Y and Z are just placeholders to represent PVC/Hose accessories needed as I have no idea how they are named and how they look. I just know what role each element (X,Y,Z) must have. This is mostly what I want to find out, I looked on different Aquarium stores online and I could not find /maybe understand what items I need for each role(X,Y,Z).

For example in the case hose to hose connection (32 mm inner diameter to 16 inner diameter) I only found , which is too small for my scenario:

X, Y e Z sono solo dei segnaposto per rappresentare gli accessori in PVC / tubi necessari poiché non ho idea di come siano chiamati e di come appaiano. So solo quale ruolo deve avere ciascun elemento (X, Y, Z). Questo è principalmente quello che voglio scoprire, ho cercato in diversi negozi di acquari online e non sono riuscito a trovare / forse capire quali elementi ho bisogno per ogni ruolo (X, Y, Z).

Ad esempio, nel caso del collegamento tubo-tubo (diametro interno da 32 mm a diametro interno 16) ho trovato solo, che è troppo piccolo per il mio scenario:

https://www.shop-meeresaquaristik.de/Ho ... 17003.html

Mihai
Chrysiptera
Chrysiptera

Messaggio da Mihai » 28/07/2020, 21:58

I want to leave this advice for anyone wanting a chiller :

I decided to go with a AC unit and a GHL controlled fan and almost 2 months on I can't be happier . The room is kept cool for both humans and the aquarium life and also the air in the room is dehumidified. I got a smart wifi AC that is energy efficient. The price was the same as a comparable chiller. The energy consumption is more but not by more than a factor of 2. The fan helps keep the temperature down at ~ 25 when when all lights are on. In one month max delta between lowest and highest temp was 0.4 degrees C.

Danireef
Amministratore
Amministratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Danireef » 30/07/2020, 19:42

Great for you!

In my history I had all the systems, only fans, only chiller, fans and chiller, fans and chiller and AC, AC and fans, etc etc

For me, the best is the Chiller, and AC when I need it. The last Teco doesn't warm the house like the oldest one. The power is incredibly low... 200 watt, more or less... and it is switched on for only some minutes, not hours. And, most important of all... no evaporation at all.

But anyone has his experience, so @Mihai well done! It's important you're happy!!!

Rispondi

Torna a “Danilo Ronchi "DaniReef" Risponde”